Under the leadership of our High-complexity Clinic Laboratory Director (HCLD) Dr. Simon Hong since our opening, our in-house laboratory has been critical in achieving our high success rates. Certified by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists (CAP) at the highest level based on on-site inspections, the CHA Fertility Center Laboratory has the advantage of being on location at our Los Angeles fertility clinic for increased efficiency and minimized hassle for our patients.
As most activities in the laboratory are extremely complex and intricate, only our specially selected and highly trained can perform these procedures and micromanipulations. Our lab performs a range of analyses and procedures including:
- Infertility testing including but not limited to:
- Semen analysis (sperm andrology)
- Hormone testing including FSH, E2, P4 and hCG
- In vitro fertilization (IVF) and related procedures such as:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching (AH)
- Blastocyst transfer
- Embryo and sperm cryopreservation
- Egg freezing (oocyte cryopreservation)
We are also the world’s first commercial egg bank where our laboratory stores eggs from egg freezing procedures (oocyte cryopreservation) as well as frozen embryos and sperm.
We are proud to state that our lab is also solely dedicated to fertility services for the utmost in patient focus. We do not sell our services for non-fertility patient usage.