Since 2001, CHA Fertility Center Los Angeles (CFC LA) has helped fulfill the dreams of over 10,000 aspiring parents from Southern California and beyond in over 22 countries using the latest in Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) such as in vitro fertilization (IVF), intrauterine insemination (IUI), preimplantation genetic diagnosis/screening (PGD/PGS), and embryo and egg freezing (oocyte cryopreservation).
CHA Fertility Centers performs up to 15,000 IVF cycles across the globe annually, making CHA Fertility Centers one of the largest fertility treatment networks in the world.
CHA Fertility Center was founded on the principle of combining personalized, empathetic care with scientific excellence to bring hope and new life to your family. Today, we call this treatment approach our 360° Total VIP Care.
CHA Fertility Center, Los Angeles is a global clinic serving international and out-of-town patients as well as those from Southern California including the areas of Hollywood, Glendale, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Pasadena, San Gabriel Valley, Marina Del Rey, Sherman Oaks, and cities in Orange County, Riverside, San Bernardino and San Diego.
360° Total VIP Care™
Our 360° Total VIP Care approach is our commitment to each and every patient to provide exceptional, personalized service combined with scientific excellence to achieve the best outcomes possible.
Scientific Excellence. CHA has been at the global forefront of women’s health, assisted reproductive technology (ART), and applied science since its founding in 1960. From creating the world’s first pregnancy using in-vitro culture of immature oocytes collected from unstimulated ovaries to establishing the world’s first commercial egg bank to being the leading pioneers of the now standard vitrification technique (“flash freezing”) for freezing eggs and embryos, CHA is world-renowned and respected for its history and achievements in reproductive innovation leadership.
At CHA Fertility Center, Los Angeles, we treat each patient as a unique case, bringing over 75 years of cumulative experience in the field and the combined expertise of dedicated physicians and researchers from a leading multinational healthcare organization. As evidenced by our history of breakthroughs, innovations and success rates, our patients can be assured of receiving the most advanced treatments and services in the world.
Personalized Care. Every CFC LA patient is a VIP (Very Important Person!). We provide you with customized, empathetic service without sacrificing world class care. Each doctor is limited to a maximum number of patients in order for each patient to receive the most optimal, one-on-one level of care from her doctor. Every patient is also assigned a dedicated Patient Coordinator whom serves as her personal guide throughout the entire process.
We understand that women and couples seeking the help of a physician on matters of growing a family or fertility preservation is a deeply personal experience. Whether you are a woman looking for egg freezing services, or a straight or LGBTQ couple looking to start or grow your family, our doctors and staff provide you with personal attention and a customized treatment plan for your unique situation. If you are ever dissatisfied in any way, we welcome your immediate feedback. You may do so anonymously by filling out our short online survey.
International Patients. CHA Fertility Center Los Angeles has helped bring life to thousands of international patients from over 20 countries for over a decade. With our founding roots in East Asia, most of our international patients come from as far as China, Japan and Korea. We have also earned the trust and satisfaction of patients visiting from other countries including Armenia, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, Japan, Italy, Lebanon, Romania, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
As CFC’s international patient, you have the option of complimentary interpretation services upon request. We also offer travel and lodging concierge services through our hospitality partner for you and your family in order to make the most of your stay in Southern California while undergoing treatment at our clinic. For those with compacted schedules, we also assist with expediting your treatment to reduce the number of days spent in Los Angeles.
Learn more about what we offer for our international and visiting patients. Contact us or call us today at +1 (323)525.0050 to have your questions answered.
CHA’s legacy started in 1960 with the establishment of our first Obstetrics and Gynecology center in South Korea. In 1984, our first fertility department was then integrated into our hospital. Today, our parent company CHA Health Systems, under the founding visionary leadership of Dr. Kwang Yul Cha, has grown to be a worldwide leader in reproductive medicine as a multinational network of hospitals, bio-medical and bio-tech firms, research centers, CHA University Medical School, medical foundations, the premier anti-aging center CHAUM, and six CHA Fertility Centers in South Korea and the United States.
In 2001, CHA established the world’s first egg freezing center at the CHA Fertility Center in Los Angeles, which became the benchmark for other egg freezing centers throughout the world.
Since 2001, CHA Fertility Center in Los Angeles has helped over ten thousand women and couples realize their family aspirations, including those of thousands of international patients via our 360° Total VIP Care™ treatment approach. As a part of CHA Health Systems, we have the advantage of leveraging cutting edge research and development (R&D) and treatment techniques from our greater organization.
CFC has a long and proud history of scientific and medical leadership. Our achievements, which have been reported in over 200 instances via internationally respected peer-reviewed journals, television shows and publications, include the now standard vitrification technique, several medical “firsts”, and numerous accolades from the most renowned organizations in the field of reproductive medicine.
Timeline of Achievements
- 1960 – CHA Obstetrics & Gynecology is first established.
- 1988 – CHA achieves world’s first pregnancy from in-vitro culture of immature oocytes collected from unstimulated ovaries. ¶
- 1989 – Dr. Kwang Yul Cha receives Best Paper prize for “Outstanding Contribution to the Advancement of Knowledge” for the American Fertility Society at the 45th Annual Meeting of ASRM.
- 1991 – TIME Magazine features on the cover CHA Fertility Center’s research on infertility and reproductive medicine.
- 1992 – CHA opens its first dedicated Fertility Center, the CHA Research Institute, and the Human Genetics Research Center.
- 1994 – CHA first uses pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) in IVF and achieves its first successful pregnancy via laparascopic tubal anastomosis.
- 1996 – TIME Magazine features CHA’s research on infertility and immature oocytes.
- 1998 – “Fertility outcome after laparoscopic microsurgical tubal anastomosis” published in ASRM’s Fertility and Sterility® awarded Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceutical Prize Paper & ASRM Prize Paper Candidate.
- 1998 – “In Vitro Blastocyst Formation of Human Oocytes Vitrified at the Immature, Maturing or Mature Stage” receives Second Place Poster Prize Paper from the International Federation of Fertility Societies and ASRM.
- 2000 – “Pregnancy and delivery of healthy infants developed from vitrified oocytes in a stimulated in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer program” published in ASRM’s Fertility and Sterility® awarded Best Video Advanced Reproductive Technology by ASRM.
- 2000 – CHA establishes the world’s first Graduate School of Integrated Medicine, combining Western and alternative medicine with Health and Welfare (public health).
- 2002 — CHA establishes world’s first commercial egg bank (ovum bank) as featured on the front pages and covers of the Wall Street Journal, Vogue Magazine, People Magazine and featured on NBC.
- 2002 – CHA develops world’s first cervical cancer diagnostic kit.†
- 2003 – CHA research “Establishment of Mouse Male Germ-Line Stem Cells and In-Vitro Vitrification to Haploid Germ Cell” awarded Society for Male Reproduction and Urology (SMRU) Prize Paper and ASRM’s General Program Prize Paper Candidate.
- 2004 – CHA acquires the CHA Hollywood Presbyterian Medical Center located in Los Angeles, California.
- 2004 – CHA research “Identification of Genes Regulating The Growth of Primordial Follicles” awarded SART Prize Paper and ASRM’s General Program Prize Paper Candidate.
- 2004 – CHA researchers first to identify cancer cell suppressor gene mHAUSP, the gene that suppresses the proliferation of cancer cells.* ‡
- 2005 – CHA research “Successful Application of Oocyte Vitrification Using Gold Grid and Slush-Liquid Nitrogen” awarded ASRM’s First Prize for Technical Achievement in Video and the Canadian Fertility and Andrology Society.
- 2009 – CHA research “Long-Term Proliferation and Characterization of Human Spermatogonial Stem Cells (SSCS) Obtained from Obstructive (OA) and Non-obstructive Azoospermia (NOA) Under Feeder-free Culture Condition” awarded SMRU Prize Paper at the 59th ASRM Conference.
- 2010 – Nomination of the prize oral paper award of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.
- 2010 – Opens the world’s premier anti-aging center CHAUM with celebrities including Sex and the City’s Kristin Davis, Suzanne Somers, Peter Fonda and Sheena Easton.
- 2011 – Annual “KY Cha Award” named after our founder Mr. Kwang Yul Cha was established by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- 2011 – CHA research “An association of IL-18 gene polymorphisms with impaired glucose regulation in Korean patients with polycystic ovary syndrome” wins Clinical Science Award for Poster Presentation from the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
¶ As published in Dong-ah Daily Newspaper
† As published in Yonhapnews
* As published in Daily Mail
‡ As published in Newsis
Affiliated Professional Organizations
- American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ABOG)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- Society for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (SREI)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB)
- European Society of Human Reproduction Embryology (ESHRE)
- RESOLVE: the National Infertility Association
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART)